Powerful Online Content Marketing Strategy
Welcome to my FROM THE TRENCHES internet marketing training series.
Welcome back to the FROM THE TRENCHES internet marketing training series.
In this training series we cover the latest “from the trenches” information to help you navigate how to market online. That way you can get the results you want in YOUR business.
In a previous video, we talked about how to build a marketing funnel to generate business on autopilot. You can review it again by clicking the link below.
Today I want to talk about the power of online content marketing. Having a content marketing strategy is essential to effectively market online. And it all revolves around collecting and using the emails you collect from visitors.
Why Collect Emails?
I’ve stated several times in my blog that the main purpose of a website is to get leads and the best way you get leads is to have a lead capture page. The reason why this is all important is because online marketing is more like relationship selling instead of conventional sales.
This means that it takes longer to get a buyer to buy:
* 2% of people will buy on their first connection or exposure
* 3% of people will buy on their second connection or exposure
* 5% of people will buy on their third connection or exposure
* 10% of people will buy on their fourth connection or exposure
* 80% of people will buy on their fifth to twelfth connection or exposure; with the average being seven exposures to get a buyer to buy.
That’s why it’s important to give a potential buyer reasons to open your emails and visit or blog or website… and that’s where a content marketing strategy comes into play.
Reasons For Having A Content Marketing Strategy
As I mention in the video, it’s important to give value and content to your potential buyers. The reasons are because:
- Helps build trust
- Helps build authority in the marketplace
- Helps build your brand
- Encourages the potential buyer to read your content because it helps solves their problems.
Developing Your Own Content Marketing Strategy
There are several forms of content you can create to help with the process. They include:
- Blog posts. Make the blog posts at least 600 words to help ensure you give enough value for the reader’s effort.
- Video. Unless it’s a good will video (which are typically 5 to 15 minutes in length) you should try and make most of your content videos 1 to 3 minutes in length. Too long a video and you lose your audience.
- Pod casts. Podcasts are also a great way to give value. Try to make your podcasts from 5 to 20 minutes in length.
- Email. You can also contain value within your emails. While I personally prefer to send my readers ultimately to a blog post or video where I have even more value, you can use emails to effectively deliver value.
Include A Call To Action
Remember every piece of content should have a single purpose in mind. You should be crystal clear of what action you want to the potential buyer to take prior to creating the content.
Then make sure at the end you include that call to action. The call to action should be clear and concise. Try to only use one call to action per piece of content, but you can have as many as three.
For more useful tools to put your content strategy in place, check out my Useful Tools and Resources.
To Your Prosperity,
Do You Want to Work With Me One-On-One To Grow YOUR Business?
I love helping people market their business online. It’s what I love to do, and it’s what I do best.
I’m working with a lot of people to help them build their business using the power of internet marketing. We help with branding, building a social following, website traffic, lead collection, and of course… conversion into paying customers.
Do you also want to work with me?
We’ll Map Out The Perfect Marketing Strategy For Your Business
Together we’ll come up with a road map on how to hit your 12-month goals using the best internet marketing strategies and techniques. We’ll take the guess workout as we’ll create a plan and at the same time methods to measure progress along the way.
Learn The Latest Marketing Methods & Techniques
Forget trying to learn it all on your own! I’ll work with you and show you exactly how to implement the internet marketing strategies that work. That way you can focus less on the “trying” and more on actually getting results.
Monitor and Improve Results To Get The Best ROI
We’re not going to just show you how to get it done, but we’ll also look at your metrics along the way and help you continually improve the bottom line. Because less face it… the point of internet marketing isn’t just to build up a social media following or get traffic to your website… it’s to get paying customers!