Updated October 5, 2019.
Thank you for stopping by!
My goal at JourneyToSuccess.co is to provide helpful tips, tools and tutorials for those getting started online. I cover topics such as How to Get Leads with a Blog, Tips for Web Design, time management, making money online, productivity, email marketing and designing your life without the 9 to 5.
The information you see on this site is free to readers & subscribers, but represents many, many hours of time and research for me. As such, I feel compensation is appropriate. I have agreements with some companies who pay me. I’ve worked hard to make this process very unobtrusive to you, my visitors.
Very occasionally, I accept advertising. More often, I participate in affiliate programs. Both provide some income and allow me to devote time and energy to the growth and upkeep of JourneyToSuccess.co.
You have my word, I will only promote products I personally use or can recommend without hesitation.
Integrity is important to me. Gaining and keeping the trust of you, my readers, is paramount.
What I do & don’t promote
I try to look at potential promoted products / services through the eyes of a customer. I ask myself if I would pay for it. After all, if I don’t think it’s worth paying for myself, I’d better have a really good reason to convince you to buy it.
- The majority of the products or services I promote I have paid for personally. My tools page has many examples.
- Sometimes I promote products I have used personally without paying for. For example, I often link to books on Amazon, like my top 3 business book picks, which I may not have bought but checked out from the library (always my first recommendation). I still feel comfortable recommending these via an affiliate link.
- I also promote products I haven’t paid for if they have valuable free information attached to them. Online webinars or summits are an example. They work like this: the free event takes place online and is available to anyone who tunes in. Additional, related products are often offered for a fee which I may be compensated for, but my goal is for the free information to stand on its own.
- Sometimes I will promote a product that I am currently using for lead generation. For example, My Lead Gen Secret is a service I use and pay for.
- Very rarely I will promote a product I have not paid for but comes highly recommended by people I trust.
What is an affiliate link / referral link?
Sprinkled throughout this site you will see references to my use of affiliate links or referral links. These references are called disclosures and are a requirement as put forth by the FTC here in the U.S.
They are there to inform you I have a relationship with a particular product or service and if you choose to purchase that product or service via my affiliate link, I will get a small commission. Of course, this is at no extra cost to you, but it does help keep my candle burning so I can keep bringing you great tips! I truly appreciate your support in this way. Thank you.
My own products
Separate from my affiliate relationships, I sell products of my own, such as Power Blogging, an ebook about time management and how I set up my schedule.
Profits from my own products come directly to me.
Additional legal stuff just to make sure things are covered
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.